Are you guys ready to let the dogs out?
Ciao.. Hoi.. Salut.. Hola.. Eyhay.. (yes that was pig latin you just saw and most likely said in your head or out loud)
This being my first ever blog post, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Ashley and I am the resident blogger here at Campus Crate. You’re probably wondering what on earth that is huh? Well I’m going to let you find that out for yourself. Check out our How it Works page, friend us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for more information. Or you can do all 3, your call. And if you still have questions, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. I might be one of the last 20-something year olds without internet on my phone, so if you’re waiting more than 20 minutes for a response, relax and wait longer. I’ll get back to you. I swear.
Since no one really enjoys reading large bunches of text, I figured I’d take a different approach and introduce myself through the 25 things you don’t know about me routine. And yes, I said routine because I bet the majority of people (around my age) reading this have already done so via Facebook. And if you haven’t, I’d bet you’ve seen this while flipping through any recent US weekly. Ok, here goes.
- My main goal here is to entertain you. My biggest challenge will be keeping you entertained.
- There’s no point in me trying to keep my personal info a secret in this day and age so I guess I’ll tell you, I’m 25 years old. (there, I did it)
- Other than when I have to write my rent check or when I’m running around Boston in the so-called ‘real world’ (aka life after college) I really do still feel like I’m in college. Especially when I’m with my girls. So that puts me at about, let’s say, 20 years old mentally on (most) occasions.
- Like I said, I live in the city but I’m originally from a town 15 minutes north of Boston.
- I can be very sarcastic. I already lied. I am sarcastic.
- I’m the oldest child with two younger brothers, one 24 and the other 14. I’m positive they will both be providing me with plenty of ridiculous things to talk about. Did I mention the 24 year old is still in college and the 14 year old is a freshman in high school? BINGOOOOO
- We can be friends if you can tell me where that quotes from (hint: HBO series).
- I have a Boston accent so it will sneak into my writing. You know, drop the ‘ing’ for an ‘a’ like gonna. Or combining two words like kinda (kind of). Or the big, drop almost any ‘er’ for an ‘a.’ Motha, fatha, whateva, dinna, betta, Jon Lesta. I could go on. (in the future, I will never spell Boston sports figures names wrong, I was just making sure you’re paying attention)
- I love sports and therefore don’t think I could live without HD tv.
- I grew up in the rink so naturally hockey’s my favorite sport. I also love baseball. (Let’s go B’s!)
- I’m not ready to talk about the Red Sox.
- I studied abroad in college and still think it was the best time I’ve EVER had.
- I was a cheerleader in college. (Did I mention this is a judge-free zone, because it is. Because I said so)
- I plan on keeping this blog current which means you’ll stay current if you continue reading it. (Don’t say I never did anything for you)
- I’m not going to push the Campus Crate product on you in this blog but I’m also not going to lie, it’s a real good idea. One I wish was around when I was in college. (my reason for doing this blog in the first place and I mean, who doesn’t need somewhere to store the 3 foot, light-up ‘This Bud’s for You’ sign you scored at trivia last semester that your mother won’t let within 10 feet of your house sign)
- My plan for this blog is to try to talk about all things relevant to college kids. So stay tuned.
- I take public transportation 5 days a week. I mostly find it over-crowded, stiflingly hot, annoying and dirty. But if you people watch, like I do, it can be highly entertaining.
- I have an English bulldog named Willie and he’s amazing! He’s also a tank, at a solid 73 pounds and counting.
- I will never enjoy moving, painting, oysters, long lines, people that talk sh_t and the taking off & landing part of flying (why? Because I’m a fan of Travis Barker and DJ AM ((rest.in.peace)) and who didn’t hear about what happened back in 2008)
- This will be my longest blog post. Ever.
- I’m so close to 25 I can taste it. And it tastes like victory, which tastes like Budweiser, which is my drink of choice at all sporting events (your obviously thinking about how classy I am right now aren’t you? Well you’re right. All class, all the way babyy)
- I prefer to read my news online as opposed to watching it because lets be serious, it’s pretty depressing stuff most of the time.
- I don’t know too much about politics but I do know it’s an important topic. This is cheesy but our future really is in our hands, which is why I’ll be keeping up on it. So go vote. Even if it’s not Election Day, do something, make a decision, take a stand. Our opinions matter. Speak up!
- I know this is long, almost done.
- Lastly, help me help you. I need to know what matters to you guys so we can converse, or complain or pop bottles, I mean celebrate, so COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!
So much for not having large bunches of text. But don’t worry, like I said, this will be my longest post ever. I apologize for the eye strain you’re experiencing right now, but it won’t happen again. Not from me anyways.
I hope you enjoyed learning a few things about me and what my intentions are for this blog. Being my first post, how did I do?
|Go Back ||